Bus Routes and Schedules
Unsure about which bus to take?
The easiest way to plan a trip using transit - especially if you're unsure about which route to take or what time to take it - is to use the Google Transit trip planning widget on this page. Alternatively, go to maps.google.com and use the Directions tool (be sure to specify "Bus" as your mode of travel)!
The trip planner will automatically select the best bus route for you to take, based on your origin and destination - it will even suggest trips operated by the AAATA when they’re more efficient.
Already know the system?
Below is a list of all bus routes, some common destinations served by each route, and their service periods and times. Click for a map and full schedule of the route.
Service Period Semester Legend
Fall Winter Spring Summer
- Bio Research Shuttle (Weekdays)
- The Bio-Research Shuttle is an on-demand service intended for the transportation of passengers with bio-research materials only. Service is provided by a University of Michigan van Monday-Friday year round from 8:00 AM to 5:15 PM, with a service break from 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM.
- Bursley-Baits (7 days/week) Service Alerts:
Bursley-Baits provides service between the Central Campus Transit Center, Bursley Hall and Vera Baits Houses on North Campus. Bursley-Baits operates seven days per week during Fall and Winter terms only. The evening and weekend Bursley-Baits route also provides outbound service to Stockwell Hall and the Cardiovascular Center along Observatory.
- Commuter North (Weekdays) Service Alerts: Kraus Stop Temporary RelocationKraus Stop Temporary Relocation, Hoover/Greene/Hill Construction Phase 2
The Commuter North begins at Crisler Center and ends at Glazier Way, connecting South Campus with North Campus via Central Campus, the Hill area, and the Medical Campus, and serving destinations including the Michigan Union, Central Campus Transit Center, University of Michigan Hospitals, and Pierpont Commons. Routing varies before 7:00 AM and after 7:30 PM, and during Ann Arbor Art Fair; check our website for details.
- Commuter South (Weekdays) Service Alerts: Hoover/Greene/Hill Construction Phase 2
The Commuter South begins at Glazier Way and ends at Crisler Center, connecting North Campus with South Campus via the Medical Campus, the Hill area, and Central Campus, and serving destinations including Pierpont Commons, University of Michigan Hospitals, Central Campus Transit Center, and the Michigan Union. Routing varies before 7:00 AM and after 7:30 PM, and during Ann Arbor Art Fair; check our website for details.
- Crisler Express (Weekdays) Service Alerts:
The Crisler Express begins at the Cancer Center and ends at lot SC-7. After leaving the BSRB, the route heads directly towards South Campus parking lots (SC-5, SC-6, and SC-7). The first pick up is at 3:45 PM and the last pick up is at 6:45 PM (20 minute frequency). Check our website for details.
- Diag-to-Diag Express (Class days) Service Alerts:
Diag to Diag provides service between Cooley Lab via Pierpont Commons to the Central Campus Transit Center (and continuing to Oxford Housing). Diag to Diag operates on a limited schedule Monday through Friday during Fall and Winter terms. Check our website for details.
- Med Express (Weekdays) Service Alerts:
MedExpress connects Glazier Way (NC51) Lot and Orange Fuller Road lots to Medical Campus locations: Cancer Center, Taubman Center/University Hospital and Mott Children's Hospital/M22. Trips prior to 7:00 AM enter the M75 Mitchell Field lot. Return trips should be made on Commuter North.
- North-East Shuttle (Weekdays) Service Alerts:
The North-East Shuttle connects the Medical Campus to the VA Hospital, North Campus Research Complex, and East Campus destinations including the Green Rd Park-and-Ride, Plymouth Rd Park-and-Ride, East Medical Campus, and Dominos Farms.
- Northwood (7 days/week) Service Alerts:
Northwood services Central Campus and Northwood Housing areas on North Campus. It operates 7 days a week, year round, except for University holidays. During the spring and summer terms there are weekend service gaps; check our website for details.
- Northwood Express (Class days) Service Alerts:
Northwood Express provides service between the North Campus Fire Station through Northwood Housing areas to the Central Campus Transit Center (and continuing to Oxford Housing). Northwood Express operates on a limited schedule Monday through Friday during Fall and Winter terms. Check our website for details.
- Oxford Shuttle (7 days/week) Service Alerts: Kraus Stop Temporary Relocation
Oxford Shuttle provides service between Oxford Housing, Trotter House, Shapiro Undergraduate Library, Michigan Union, the Central Campus Transit Center, and East Quadrangle. Oxford Shuttle operates weeknights and weekends only.
- Wall Street - NIB (Weekdays) Service Alerts:
Wall Street-NIB provides service between the Wall St parking structure and the North Ingalls building, via Medical Campus destinations.
- Wall Street Express (Weekdays) Service Alerts:
Wall Street Express provides service between the Wall St parking structure across from Kellog Eye Center to Medical Campus destinations.
- AAATA Route Maps and Schedules (New Window)
- Routes available to U-M Faculty, Staff, and Students who present a valid MCard.