U-M Dearborn & U-M Flint Faculty/Staff Parking Permits

Faculty/staff parking permits issued from U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint are honored on the U-M Ann Arbor campus in Blue, Yellow or Orange parking. Access to the gated Blue structures is requested through the Dearborn or Flint Parking offices, depending on where the individual purchased his/her parking permit. U-M Ann Arbor Faculty/Staff parking permits are honored at U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint in Faculty/Staff parking areas.  U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint permits issued to retirees and/or students are not honored on the U-M Ann Arbor campus.

Municipal, State or Federally Owned Vehicle Parking

Vehicles identified by their license plates as municipal, state or federally owned may park in Blue, Yellow or Orange University lots, Blue structures, or Business Vehicle spaces without a parking permit.

Trailers, RVs or any Oversize Vehicle

Trailers, RVs or any type of oversized vehicles are not allowed to park in University parking lots or structures, unless permission is granted from the Parking Customer Services office. Exceptions for RV’s are made for specifically designated parking areas for home football games and for patients’ families at the U-M Hospital.

Structure parking is restricted to vehicles that are less than 18 feet long.

Commercial Vehicles

Parking spaces are provided for short-term use for vehicles with commercial license plates signed “Commercial Plate Vehicles Only, 15 Minute Limit.” Spaces are located in Service Centers and lots adjacent to University buildings. No permit is required; however, the time limitation and commercial license plate requirement must be observed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

U-M Docks

Docks are limited exclusively to on-site loading and unloading activities, and are subject to strict time limitations. No permit is required; however, vehicles must be attended at all times. Unless otherwise noted, loading docks are enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Non-UM Service Providers

Non-U-M service providers with an active U-M service contract, who must be on campus frequently to fulfill their contract responsibilities, may be eligible for a daily, monthly or annual Service Vehicle parking permit. Service Vehicle parking spaces are provided in Service Centers near building docks.

Please contact Parking Customer Services below for assistance.


On-site parking for contractors working at University buildings or grounds is extremely limited. The U-M Project Manager can facilitate contractor parking arrangements with Parking Customer Services (PCS). Daily permits are available at the PCS office located at 523 South Division Street. Permits are restricted to locations identified by PTS, based on space availability. Permit costs are determined by the parking location.

Unless you already have an account established with PCS, you must make full payment for permits. If you would like to open an account, please contact Parking Customer Services below, and we will be glad to help you.

For long-term construction projects, parking is limited either to fenced construction laydown areas or to assigned areas. In some cases, permits may be required in laydown areas; this will be determined by PCS and the University’s construction manager at the time a laydown is established.

Sidewalk Parking

Parking on a University sidewalk is an option only when it is critical to the completion of a job, and the following rules must be followed:

  • A minimum aisle of six feet must be maintained. Cones must be placed at each end of the vehicle.
  • If a six-foot aisle cannot be maintained or if the entire sidewalk must be blocked, barricades must be placed at the nearest pedestrian crossing posted with “Sidewalk Closed – Cross Here” signage.
  • Driveways that cross sidewalks must remain open at all times.

The City of Ann Arbor must approve City sidewalk closures in advance. Phone (734) 994-2674, then press ‘9’ for assistance.

Lane (Street) Closures

On University streets, lanes may be closed only if no other alternatives are available to complete a job assignment.

  • A minimum of seven days prior notice is required.
  • Contact the University of Michigan Department of Public Safety at (734) 763-3434 for approval.

The City of Ann Arbor must approve City lane and street closures in advance. Phone (734) 994-2744 for assistance with lane closures and (734) 994-2674, then press ‘9’ for assistance with street closures.

Bagging Meters

Bagging of University meters is an option when there is a need for access to make deliveries of equipment or to perform work.

  • A minimum of three days prior notice is required.
  • Note the meter number(s) or Pay Station space number(s) and the lot number (located below the entrance sign).
  • Phone (734) 647-3615 for assistance.

For assistance to bag City meters, phone (734) 761-7235, or fax (734) 668-6479.

Parking Customer Services

Central Campus
523 South Division
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-2912
Mon - Fri 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Drop Box: Thompson St. Structure West side, level 1
University Hospital
UH South Room F2117
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-2912
Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Closed for lunch 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Drop Box: UH South Room F2117
Phone: +1 (734) 764-8291
Fax: +1 (734) 763-4041
Contact: Contact PCS