Contact Parking Customer Services
Find answers and general information quickly about Parking and related topics.
- Permit Renewals
- Daily Parking Options/Remote Work
- Parking Recommendations
- Parking Enforcement and Citations
- Event Planning
- Transportation Alternatives
- Visitor Parking
- Accessible Parking
- Online Purchases
If you still have questions, please fill out the contact form at the end.
- Where are you located and what are your hours?
There are two Parking Customer Service offices. Division Street on Central Campus and in University Hospital (UH) South on Medical Center Campus.
523 S. Division (attached to the Thompson Street Structure)
Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Metered parking is available right outside the building
Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Please note: Office is closed from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. for lunch.
There are after hours drop boxes for parking permit returns at each location.
- How can I return my parking permit?
In order to cancel your parking permit, please return it to one of the office locations (noted above). You will fill out a return form when you come in. Each location also has a drop-box available 24-hours per day.
It is preferred that you return the parking permit in person to avoid potential loss in the mail. If you need to mail it into Parking, it is recommend to use a padded envelope and send it via certified mail, UPS, or FedEx, with tracking service, as you are financially responsible for the parking permit until received by Parking.
Please use the following address:
Parking Customer Services
523 S. Division St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Please note if it is not received or postmarked by the last day of the calendar month, you will be charged for the next month of parking.
- How can I exchange my parking permit (ex: Blue to Orange)?
You may switch your parking permit to a different color tier at any time. The first exchange per parking permit year (July 1 – June 30) is free. Every additional exchange is a $10 fee.
Please come into one of the office locations (noted above) to exchange your parking permit and fill out necessary forms. You must bring your current parking permit to the office at the time of the exchange.
If you are exchanging at the UH South office, you may want to consider stopping in for a courtesy parking permit ahead of time to avoid a citation while bringing in your permit for exchange.
If you are exchanging at the 523 S. Division office, there is metered parking on South Division, so you are able to bring in the parking permit easily to make the exchange.
- I returned my parking permit, but have not yet received my refund. When will I receive my refund?
- It typically takes 12 – 14 weeks for the refund check to arrive via mail to the address indicated on your return form. There is some processing time and the refund is issued by accounts payable. If it has been 14 weeks and you still have not received your refund, please fill out the form below and one of our customer service representatives will be in touch soon. All refunds are issued by check.
- What is the cost of a parking permit?
FY23 rates are as follows (no increase from the FY22 rates):
- Gold – $1882
- Blue – $766
- Yellow – $167
- Orange – $84
If you would like parking recommendations based on your work start and end times, a team member would be happy to assist. Please fill out the web form below to contact Parking.
- I typically purchase a new permit online each year. When can I purchase my permit?
The eBusiness website is open for FY2023 permit sales on 5/24/2022. Please renew your permit online. It will be mailed to you in time for the new permit year if ordered by June 23rd. If you are unable to renew online, please call our office at (734)764-8291 for assistance.
Daily Parking Options:
- For information on daily parking options for return to work and hybrid schedules, please visit
this page.Parking options are available for faculty and staff who are on campus infrequently or work a hybrid work schedule. The prior limit of 60 parks no longer applies.
- I’d like to know my parking options for when I come in for my shift – can you let me know where I should park?
We are happy to help! Please let us know your work location, shift start and end times, and from where you are travelling. For example – I live in Lansing and work from 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. at the Cancer Center.
One of the parking customer services representatives will be in touch soon with some suggested parking options.
Parking Enforcement and Citations
- Someone parked illegally (for example, parking over the line or in a space designated for a different permit type) – what should I do?
- Please call 763.1131 to report to parking enforcement.
- I received a parking ticket (citation) – what should I do?
- If you have a problem related to a parking citation and wish to contest the citation, a City of Ann Arbor parking referee is available to hear your complaint. Citations can be contested online. Information regarding contesting the citation can also be found on the back of the citation. Any attachments or information that you would like to share with the Parking Referee can be sent via e-mail directly to the referee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I need help with special event planning and/or I’m with a department and have a guest coming – can you help?
Your next step would be to complete a Special Event Parking Request form. When more details about your event are provided – date, time of event, number of guests, etc. – a customer service representation will be able to provide information on parking options.
If your event requires valet service, all arrangements must be made between your department and the valet service provider. Parking Customer Services will only work with you directly and does not work with valet service providers.
Once Parking receives your form, someone from the office will be in touch!
- I’d like to join a carpool, vanpool, or start riding a bike to work and would like a bike locker – what should I do?
- Please check out the Transportation Alternatives section on the LTP website for additional information.
- I have a visitor coming to visit me – where should they park?
- Please review the list of available visitor options. To locate the closest area for your visitors to park, view the maps on the LTP website.
- Parking also has a number of unenforced (free) lots on the weekends. Enforcement hours are published for all lots and structures on Central, Medical, North, and Ross Athletic campuses.
For information on Accessible Parking for Faculty, Staff, Students and Visitors, please click here
- I ordered my parking permit online and didn’t receive it in the mail – what should I do?
- It typically takes 2-5 business days for online parking permit orders to arrive in the mail. If it has been more than five (5) business days, your parking permit may have been lost in the mail or sent to an incorrect address. Please stop in at one of the offices (noted above) to fill out a legal Affidavit, claiming it as lost in the mail and it will be replaced. Permits must be claimed as lost within 10 days or there will be a fee to replace the permit.
- Why can’t I purchase a parking permit online?
Depending on your classification and the type of parking permit you were trying to buy, you may need to stop in the office to purchase a parking permit. Online sales for pre-paid parks can only be loaded on an existing device. Annual parking permits can only be purchased by eligible faculty, staff, and students.
If you need further clarification, please include your UMID on the form below and a customer service representative will let you know what parking options are available.
- I’m trying to make a parking permit purchase online and it says there is an issue with my credit card – what should I do?
- If the parking portal is unable to process your credit card transaction, please stop by a Parking office (noted above) to purchase a parking permit.
- If you still have a questions, please fill out the form below with as much detail as possible. Due to a large volume of requests, customer service representatives are unable to respond to all suggestions for the parking system. Please note that all suggestions are read and logged. All fields are required.