In preparation for the upcoming extended student break, please be advised of the following modifications for parking and transportation services:
Transit Service Change: Extended Student Break (Sunday, November 29 – Saturday, January 16, 2021)
The following safety measures remain in place with the transit service change:
- Face coverings are required. No mask, no service.
- Bus routes redesigned to approximately 15 minutes or less.
- Riders per bus reduced by nearly 1/2 (seated passengers only).
- All university drivers have been performing daily medical screening as a reminder to stay home if sick. Medical screening has been expanded to include the entire university for your safety.
- Windows must remain open on the bus. We apologize for the inconvenience on the short trip.
- Drivers will take advantage of stops to open doors for increased ventilation.
- Increased air filtration for all buses.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed as a barrier between passengers and drivers.
- Requiring rear door boarding and alighting (unless wheelchair access is needed).
- Signage on the bus exterior, interior, and at stops reminding riders of public health measures.
- Only approach the driver for emergencies.
- Avoid touching surfaces and carry hand sanitizer with you if possible.
From Sunday, November 29 to January 16, 2021, the schedules and frequencies will be adjusted for Campus routes: Bursley-Baits Loop, Campus Connector, Green Rd-NW5 Loop, Northwood Loop, Oxford-Markley Loop and Stadium-Diag Loop. Please see transit alerts for additional details.
Michigan Medicine Routes
Michigan Medicine routing, including Crisler Express, Glazier Express, Wall Street and East Ann Arbor routes will continue without schedule changes. The Med Express outbound route will no longer service the NCRC (south shelter) beginning at 7:55pm daily (alternate stop provided at Hubbard/Hayward).
Beginning on Monday, November 30, Transit Services will operate the Crisler and Glazier Express services in blue buses.
- Paratransit, Emergency Ride Home, Michigan Medicine Late Night Shuttles, Ride Home and State Street Ride will continue operations.
- Safe Ride service will end on the last day of exams (Friday, December 18) and resume the first day of classes (Tuesday, January 19).
Over the Winter Holiday Season (December 23 – January 3), there will be additional modifications to parking and transportation services–stay tuned for information in the coming weeks.