Students - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Where is the Parking Customer Services (PCS) office located and what are the hours?
The office is located at 523 South Division Street.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- One of my parents works here. May I use their permit occasionally?
No, the permit is for your parent's work-related use. The University has strict eligibility criteria to help manage the parking system. As such, students are not eligible for faculty/staff parking options. Please note that this policy also extends to U-M Retiree permits.
- If I no longer need my permit, can I sell it to someone else?
No, the permit may not be resold or given to others. If you don't need your permit anymore, return it to the PCS office at 523 South Division Street.
- Do I have to return my parking permit in person?
If you can't return your parking permit to Parking Customer Services yourself, you have three options: 1) Have someone else return it to our office for you, with a note from you authorizing them to handle your transaction, or 2) use one of the drop boxes available 24/7 located behind our office inside the Thompson Street parking structure or at the UH South Parking Customer Services office on Level 2, or 3) mail the permit by registered mail with a return receipt to: Parking Customer Services, 523 South Division Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104.
- When is the best time to return my permit?
To avoid being charged for the new month, you must return your parking permit by the end of the current month. If you return your permit in mid-month, you can obtain a temporary parking permit that will be valid through the end of the month.
- How are permit refunds calculated?
All refunds are based on a monthly proration. PCS will subtract the value of the permit from the total amount paid by you for your permit. The remaining amount is the refund.
- Are students paying higher parking fees than faculty and staff?
No, the rates for student permits are equal to those paid by faculty and staff.
- I am a graduate student with a University appointment. Am I eligible for faculty/staff parking options?
No, as a graduate student, you are only eligible for graduate student parking options. These options were enhanced several years ago to optimize your parking options at a reasonable cost.