Logistics, Transportation & Parking will make major changes to service as it continues to address campus community feedback and challenges currently faced with driver shortages. The transit team appreciates your feedback, support, and patience as it has adjusted to meet the changing realities of the pandemic.
With the October 24 service change, the following service will be discontinued:
- Campus Connector
- Green Road – NW5 Loop
- Oxford-Markley Loop
- Stadium-Diag Loop
- Crisler Express (AM service only)
- North-East On-Demand Patient Shuttle
Routes that will operate are noted below, with detailed maps and schedules available in the updated Bus Route Guide. Riders will also be able to track all routes (with the exception of contracted shuttles) in real-time using Magic Bus (search ‘U-M Magic Bus’ to download the free app).
Also available for students, faculty, and staff is a quick reference guide on the changes (campus-focused).
Bursley-Baits (Every Day, Fall & Winter)
- Weekdays: 7:15 AM – 10:00 PM at a 10-minute frequency and 10:00 PM – 2:15 AM (2:45 AM Friday evenings) at a 15-minute frequency
- Saturdays/Sundays: 8:30 AM – 2:15 AM (3:00 AM Saturday evenings) at a 15-minute frequency
Commuter North (Mon-Fri)
- 5:30 AM – 7:00 PM at a 10-minute frequency and 7:00 PM – 1:00 AM at a 15-minute frequency
Commuter South (Mon-Fri)
- 6:00 AM – 7:20 AM at a 10-minute frequency, 7:35 AM – 7:45 PM at a 10-minute frequency, and 7:45 PM – 1:00 AM at a 15-minute frequency
Diag-to-Diag Express (Mon-Fri, Fall & Winter Class Days)
- 12:56 PM – 6:48 PM at an 11-minute frequency
Northwood (Every Day)
- Weekdays: 6:55 AM – 7:15 AM at a 20-minute frequency, 7:15 AM – 9:55 PM at a 10-minute frequency, and 9:55 PM – 2:15 AM (2:55 AM Friday evenings) at a 20-minute frequency
- Saturdays/Sundays: 8:35 AM – 2:15 AM (2:55 AM Saturday evenings) at a 20-minute frequency
Northwood Express (Mon-Fri, Fall & Winter Class Days)
- 7:16 AM – 12:46 PM at a 10-minute frequency
Oxford Shuttle (Every Day, Fall & Winter)
- Weekdays: 7:10 PM – 1:55 AM at a 15-minute frequency
- Saturdays/Sundays: 5:10 PM – 9:55 PM at a 15-minute frequency
Michigan Medicine Routes
Med Express (Mon-Fri)
- 5:20 AM – 5:40 at a 10-minute frequency, 5:45 AM – 7:25 AM at a 10-minute frequency, 7:30 AM – 8:50 AM at a 10-minute frequency, 8:50 AM – 2:20 PM at a 30-minute frequency, and 2:20 PM – 7:20 PM at a 10-minute frequency
- This route will no longer serve the North Campus Research Complex (NCRC). Service to NCRC (both north and south stops) will be provided by the North-East Shuttle. Riders may also utilize routes servicing the nearby Hayward/Hubbard stop, south of NCRC.
Wall St-NIB/Express (Mon-Fri)
- 5:15 AM – 5:45 AM at a 15-minute frequency, 6:00 AM – 6:50 PM at an 11-minute frequency, and 7:00 PM – 1:00 AM at a 15-minute frequency
North-East Shuttle (Mon-Fri)
- 6:45 AM – 8:00 PM at a 15-minute frequency
Crisler Express (Mon-Fri)
- 3:45 PM – 6:45 PM at a 20-minute frequency
- Service will be operated by U-M Transit in blue buses
- In the morning, riders will need to use the Commuter North route for service to Michigan Medicine. In the afternoon/evening, both the Crisler Express and Commuter South routes return to the Crisler Arena area.
Glazier Express (Mon-Fri)
- Operates out of Lot M75 (Mitchell Field), 5:20 AM – 7:00 AM at a 5-10-minute frequency and out of Lot NC51 (Glazier Way), 7:07 AM – 9:57 AM at a 5-minute frequency
- Operates out of Couzens, 2:55 PM – 7:40 PM at a 7-8-minute frequency (final trip leaves Couzens at 7:50 PM)
- Service will be operated by new provider, Golden Limousine
East Ann Arbor Employee Parking and Late Night Shuttles will continue operations and current schedules.
Paratransit and After Hours services will also continue operations.
Preventative measures that remain in place on the campus bus system include:
- Face coverings are required. No mask, no service.
- Moveable shields installed as a barrier between passengers and drivers.
- Drivers will take advantage of stops to open doors for increased ventilation.
- Increased air filtration and open windows for all buses.
- Cleaning and disinfection protocols for frequently touched surfaces inside the bus.