Logistics, Transportation & Parking is currently continuing with operations.
Transportation Services began operating reduced service on Monday, March 16 and will operate the following routes beginning on Monday, March 23. As capacity is available, additional buses will be added at peak times (6-8 AM and 2-6 PM) to Michigan Medicine routes to help with social distancing. In some cases, buses will arrive in tandem.
- Bursley-Baits and Northwood service will be combined. This route will operate at a 20-minute frequency from 7:05 AM until 12:15 AM
- Commuter North – no change in service
- Commuter South – no change in service
- Crisler Express – no change in service
- Med Express – no change in service
- North-East Shuttle – no change in service
- Oxford Shuttle – will operate 7:15 AM until 1:45 AM
- Wall Street – NIB – no change in service
- Wall Street Express – no change in service
- Michigan Medicine contracted shuttles are continuing to operate
- Bursley-Baits and Northwood service will be combined. This route will operate at a 20-minute frequency from 8:25 AM until 12:15 AM
- Oxford Shuttle – will operate 5:10 PM until 9:45 PM
Please note that passengers will be required to board and alight university buses from the rear doors.
As of Tuesday, March 24, parking permit enforcement in campus lots and structures will be further adjusted on a temporary basis to support the university community.
With the exception of P1, P2/P3, P4 & P5 structures, parking permit enforcement will now be suspended for all Medical Center Campus lots and structures. On North, Central and South campuses, enforcement is currently suspended.
Individual parking spaces signed for 24/7 enforcement (such as Accessible, Gold, Service or Business Vehicle) or areas signed for 24/7 enforcement will still remain enforced on all campuses.
Please note that the Yellow AVI and Blue off-shift parking programs will not have 24/7 access to P-structures on weekdays. Regular weekday restrictions for these programs still apply. Please adhere to this to maintain a sufficient supply of patient/visitor parking.
Patient/Visitor parking on Medical Center Campus, including the Wall Street area, will remain enforced.
We will continue to evaluate operations as the situation evolves and provide updates with any service changes.
Parking Customer Services – Both office locations are closed. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fleet Services – Hours are currently Monday – Friday 7:00 am until 3:30 pm.
Garage Services – By appointment only. Contact us at 764-2490 or email email@example.com.